Christmas by Candlelight
Saturday, December 3 ~ 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Sunday, December 4 ~4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Get into the merriment of the season with a traditional Pioneer Christmas. Delight in the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday season!
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Meet Father Christmas
- Learn about early Christmas traditions and how they changed as time progressed
- Village carollers
- Christmas tunes performed by bell ringers the Note-a-Bells
- Join in an old-fashioned carol sing with Martha Cooper & Friends
- Reindeer games for kids
- Christmas sleigh photo opportunity
- Hot drinks and delicious treats available for purchase in the Keene Hotel
- Ham and savory on a bun being served in the PCAHB (additional fee applies)
- Ben's Kettle Corn selling freshly popped kettle corn
- Mistletoe craft
- Live Nativity performed by members of the Keene United Church (Sunday at 7 pm only)
We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to open Aabnaabin Camp for Christmas by Candlelight due to illness. The Indigenous interpretation will be truly missed at this event , and we wish our partners a speedy recovery.
Please note: Parking is on a first come first serve basis. We cannot guarantee parking in our lot the night of the event. Alternate parking is available at McIntyre Park and the soccer field just off of Lang Road once our lot is full.
We will be collecting donations of non-perishable food items for the Otonabee-South Monaghan Food Cupboard in the Museum Shop. Please consider bringing one or more items with you to help those in need this holiday season. For a list of the items most needed, please click here: Food Donation List. For information on how to make a monetary donations, please click here: Monetary Donation Info.
Admission: Adults- $15, Students & Seniors (60+) – $10, Youths 5 to 14 Years of Age – $7, Children Under 5 Years of Age – Free, Family Pass (includes 2 Adults and up to 4 Youths) – $40
Advance purchase is not required but strongly recommended for faster processing at admissions. To purchase tickets in advance, please click the link below.
Please Note: All events, programs and operations are subject to change. Lang Pioneer Village Museum will be closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will make adjustments to event dates and details as necessary to adhere to current safety regulations. Lang Pioneer Village Museum operates in accordance with recommendations outlined by Public Health officials regarding COVID-19.