Fibrelicious: A Food and Fibre Arts Celebration
Sunday, August 12th ~ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Discover what happens when local chefs known for creating out-of-the-ordinary culinary experiences team up with the creative hands and minds of fibre artists and arts organizations.
It will be a feast for all your senses!
- Horse and wagon rides
- Jacquard demonstrations
- Natural dyeing demonstrations
- Kawartha Truth and Reconciliation Support Group (KTRSG) Quilt interpretations
- One-of-a-kind fibre arts marketplace
- Sheep herding and shearing demonstrations
- A display and demonstration of an 1880 and 1885 knitting machine, the first knitting machines made in Ontario
- Broom making demonstrations
- Basketry making demonstrations
- Sheep-to-shawl demonstrations
- Vintage sewing machine demonstrations
- Spinning demonstrations
- Hand weaving with sticks demonstrations
- See how ice cream was made in the 1800s
- Cider Mill demonstrations
- Sample traditionally prepared wild rice at Aabnaabin Camp
- Black ash basket craft
- Samples of cooked local lamb prepared by Chef Steve Elmhirst of Elmhirst’s Resort
- Cheese making demonstration by Cassandra Mogelin of Peachy Keene
- And more!
Adults $15, Students/Seniors (60+) $10, Youths (ages 5-14) $7, Free for children under 5, Family (includes 2 adults and up to 4 youths ages 5-14) $40.