Pre-Booked Guided Tours
We are excited to be able to welcome you back to Lang Pioneer Village Museum!
The Museum will be operating a little differently than normal in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines and ensure that all visitors can experience a safe visit. As provincial regulations surrounding COVID-19 begin to lift, we are pleased to be able to begin offering timed Pre-Booked Guided Tours. Pre-Booked Guided Tour tickets are valid for up to nine (9) people from your social circle, and provides you with a 45-minute guided tour and one additional hour to walk the village on your own to experience over 25 additional buildings, artifacts and exhibits.
To ensure the safety of everyone onsite, Lang Pioneer Village Museum requests that all staff and visitors follow the Peterborough Public Health Guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well
- Ensure you are social distancing and maintain at least six feet of separation from others that are not a part of your social circle
- Ensure you bring your own mask and wear it in indoor spaces
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
The health and safety of everyone is our number one priority. The following procedures have been put in place for our Pre-Booked Guided Tours to ensure that all visitors feel safe when visiting our site:
- Pre-Booked Guided Tours have timed entry and must be pre-booked online through our Online Museum Shop.
- We have increased safety guidelines including frequent disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces, limiting occupancy, providing low contact entry/exit and providing hand sanitizer for visitor and employee use.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory for all visitors while experiencing Lang Pioneer Village Museum's buildings throughout the tour and must be worn in all indoor spaces. If possible, please bring one of your own, however, some will be available for purchase should you require one. Exceptions will be made for those identified by Peterborough Public Health as not required to wear a mask.
- Visitors can pre-purchase a variety of items to enjoy while you visit with us. Our online shop has the options to purchase a cold beverage, pre-packaged baked treat or assorted candy bags to enjoy while on site. Additionally there are a number of gift items online that can be ordered for pick up upon your arrival. All will be ready for you to pick up in either the Keene Hotel or the Museum Shop.
- All on-site transactions must be completed in the Museum Shop upon arrival and in debit or credit format. NO CASH will be accepted.
- Signage has been posted throughout the Village to encourage social distancing and we ask that visitors follow social distancing protocols with other groups and adhere to the occupancy limits posted for historic buildings.
- Before visiting, we ask that all members of your group self screen. Please use the following document as a guide: Self Screening Questions.
Further instructions will be provided via e-mail upon purchase. For a copy of our Pre-Booked Guided Tour Map, please click here: Guided Tour Map